January 1, 2018

Christmas Day



The kids came running in our room with their stockings at 6:30.  They may remember this as the Christmas Mommy woke up with no voice.  I tried to say "Merry Christmas!" when they came in, but just some scratchy noises came out (it didn't fully return for 4 days!).



 Alison had a little surprise waiting for her by the tree...


And then Santa started handing out the presents.




Maya could not handle all of the excitement and wanted to be a part of everything, even daddy trying to take a picture of Colin.




This Christmas was also historic because I actually surprised Ben!  Our friend, Brian, is the shooting instructor for the border patrol and has lots of connections...he helped me buy Ben a gun, without him knowing a thing.  They have taken all the boys out shooting targets and Ben wanted one for our family.




Opening my present from Alison; a cotton decoration that I have been wanting for a long time.  She was so sweet to get it for me.












Ben surprised me with a new phone!  He put a new case in my stocking and pulled off a good lie that it was to "upgrade" my current, falling apart phone.  I was so excited to open this, I sprang from the couch to give him a hug...this is the action shot:


We had tea pastries when we were all done opening presents.






Alison's lot:


Eli's lot:



Some of Colin's (he likes to quickly hide valuables under his bed) and our family gifts:


My sister also sent us a real wreath and fake snow.  I loved her idea of helping it feel a little more like winter.

My lot:


Ben's lot:


The kids all loved their new drawing pads!


Eli learning how to use his new bow and arrow:


Hours of the afternoon were spent here:



We Skyped with some family throughout the day.  My sister called and somehow Alison and Katherine got the phone and talked about all the shopkins they got.



Ben took the kids out for a bike ride, so Alison could test out her new wheels.  I LOVE seeing them ride together!




For dinner, we had prime rib, Yorkshire pudding, roasted carrots and mashed potatoes.




As I tucked Colin in bed that night, he whispered to me, "You and me sure did get spoiled this Christmas, Momma."  I think spoiled would be an understatement for this Christmas.  So many thoughtful gifts and surprises and just being all together made this the best Christmas ever.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

1 comment:

edj3 said...

That first picture of Colin, he looks so much like Ben as a little boy.