February 3, 2018

This and That

This post has some of my favorite random pictures.

We watched the KU game as a family :)



After the game, Eli carried Colin up to bed.


Legos, legos, legos.  Even after creating a "lego closet" and attempting many organization tricks, they continue to take over our house.  The current favorite thing is to build cities and "bases".  For the most part, I can handle the mess because I love seeing these two play so creatively together.




Real life, right here:

School days=the house is not tidy until evening.  I usually put some music on and the boys will play Legos at any chance they get in between subjects.  Alison decided on this particular day that she was "Adventure Alison" and prepared a backpack and sleeping bag to spend her free time outside.  We made pizza for lunch and Maya resumed begging position the entire time.

Saving my favorite for last.  I LOVE seeing reading click; it is my top favorite thing about educating our kids.  I love watching the whole process, from squirming preschooler struggling through the alphabet, to "I can't put this chapter book down!".  Dragon Masters pulled Eli in and helped bridge the gap from casual reader to staying-up-past-bedtime-with-a-flashlight reader. 

1 comment:

edj3 said...

That picture of Eli is the best. I always feel bad for people who don't love to read, there's something so amazing about getting lost in a book.