May 14, 2018

Mother's Day


 Mother's day began at 5:30am when Eli came to snuggle in my bed because he had a bad dream.   We have had several early mornings this week due to bad dreams and the bright sun around 5:30.  Praise the Lord for coffee.
Ben made an amazing breakfast; biscuits, eggs and bacon.

We went to church and then had a picnic lunch.

My only requests for Mother's Day were, I didn't want to cook lunch and I wanted a picture with the kids.  Eli does not like pictures and I think would have rather cleaned his room than participated.  We tried to talk with him why he despises them so and he said that he prefers videos.  So Ben told him he would take a video, just for him:


What bothers me most about Eli and pictures, is not that he looks goofy and doesn't want them, it's that it portrays to others such a vast difference than what he actually is.  I so want to capture the true sweetness of this boy.  #lifegoals.


I love how Maya snuck herself in this picture.


I probably have said this several times, but I am loving this stage of motherhood.  I love that the kids are old enough to help and do fun things.  Their interests are broadening and questions are more complex.  I have noticed a shift in the last year.  Somehow I have became the mom that other moms ask questions to.  I'm not the young mom with toddlers anymore, and while that was kind of a shock, it's also refreshing.  


I'm a little nervous what this picture will look like next year...I have a feeling a lot is going to change.

No comments: