May 23, 2018

Time to Celebrate!

We have been waiting a long time for Colin to get to 40 lbs.  It comes up several times a week and every so often, we'll have Colin jump on the scale to see if he's finally reached our goal (he's been steady at 39 for what seems like forever).  It's been such a hot topic that I told Colin we were going to PARTY when he got to 40 lbs.  I knew I should have had stuff ready to go when it spontaneously happened...sure enough, Ben had him jump on the scale one evening and I heard shouting and jumping coming from upstairs.  I went to see for myself, but when I moved the scale, it went back down to 39.  So Ben got a big cup of water, sure that the few ounces of liquid would bring it back up.  When he took a drink, he got an extra surprise :)




The first thing Colin asked was if we could party with the Whites.  One of my favorite things about this family is that they are always up for spontaneous adventures.  We met them at Chick-fil-A the next morning for a 40 lb celebration!



We were also getting ready for a trip that day, but while I was getting my nails done (a little early birthday treat), Alison set up a little surprise party for me.  She did not like that we would be apart for my birthday, so we celebrated early.  We had layered dip and quesadillas for dinner and Ben picked up a fun dessert.  We had already taken Maya to the kennel, so she set up a stuffed animal to represent Maya being there with us :)

 

1 comment:

edj3 said...

Your girl is the sweetest. And hurrah for Colin reaching 40 pounds--fantastic!