February 15, 2019

Life

"Eli, what would you like for breakfast?"
"Everything."

This is the conversation we have every morning...he is growing like a weed!  And he will literally eat anything and everything.  I decided it was time to teach him how to make his own breakfast if this was going to be our trend.

It only fueled the fire.  He was like, "This is great!  Now I can make as many eggs as I want!"
Normal people would sit at a table, but not us.  No, no.  We like to sit on the floor and play Exploding Kittens a million times while eating all the eggs in the house.


Sometimes it feels like Groundhog Day around here, because Colin also wears this outfit almost everyday.


My dad bought Colin this while in Kansas and let me tell you, it was a good investment.

Speaking of good investments, the chairs for the den finally arrived!  Our dreams of sitting by the fire, sipping some wine finally came true!



Ben is training for a trail half marathon.  I told him that he should consider going to a masseuse to work on his quads, but he hired the boys instead.  Nonny, if you are reading this, sending Exploding Kittens was the biggest hit.  I'm pretty sure he told them he would play a round if they rubbed his legs, that's how much they love playing.



 I should be posting a picture of Colin playing soccer right here because it is the best thing on the planet to watch, but instead you get this:


Soccer practice means I get 20 minutes to sit on the beach all by myself.  Therapy Thursdays is what I like to call it.

Maya has gotten a lot more vocal.  She has a noise for settling into bed at night and a noise for when Ben gets home from work and a noise for when she wants to play or will just randomly make the funniest noises, like she's trying to join the conversation.  Ben will tease her that she sounds like a wolf and if he makes the noises that she does, she'll repeat them back to him.


If noises aren't coming from Maya, they're coming from the boys. I got out play dough for school and it very quickly turned into guns and bombs.



These kids are growing way too fast...sure would love to freeze life right here:

No comments: