February 25, 2019

The best

You have a pretty good life when your sister can be a human bridge for you


Watching Colin play soccer is the.best. We've had so much rain that 3 practices and 1 game have been cancelled...he hasn't had much coaching but his enthusiasm makes up for that. Can't figure out which one is Colin? Just following the bouncing boy.  His coach always tells him to hang back, that's why he's out of the pack.


Eli has also been loving soccer games; warm blankets and Calvin Hobbs is a winning morning in his books.


After this game, we went up to Ventura for the first time.  I ran my first 10k race and we had to pick up the race packet.  The beach was calling us, so we made a little stop to say hello.



Ventura has a much more beach town feel to it and I'm excited to do some more exploring there!


The following day was the race and it was the most beautiful route I have ever been on.  I tried to get a video and only got a picture of my finger.  Don't worry, we'll be back and I'll get some good pictures one day.  It was a great jump back into the racing world for me; I mostly just loved being by the ocean and with fellow runners.  I was surprised to cross the finish line to find I had placed 4th in my age group!


Also the best:


hiking trails galore.  Ben has been running these trails once a week and I've gone several times with "new Laurel".

No comments: