April 27, 2020

Bike adventures!


 My life was made last week.  Eli asked if he could come on my run with me.  We made a plan to run to the tennis courts and back (and then I would finish my run).  Then Colin said he wanted to come too, but was going to ride he bike.  Eli realized that was a much better plan and asked if we could go farther.  They got themselves up, dressed, made avocado toast for breakfast and were ready for our workout.  They had such a great time and wanted to keep going!  We made it 5 miles and then they asked to lift some weights with me when we got home.


I loved it because I didn't make them come and didn't have to drag them along.  This is a blessing of this strange time we're living in.  There's nothing demanding our time, so our mornings are more free to take more time outside and exercising.

Another blessing is we finally got on a family bike ride!  My bike has been out of commission for a couple of years, but Ben fixed it last week and we all made it to the bike path together.

We went Sunday morning and then picked up donuts, before doing our home church.  I miss going to church, but I'm also loving these realized, non-rushed days.
 

No comments: