April 16, 2022

Welcome to New York!

From Tennessee, we stayed the night in Virginia and did some night swimming.  Whatever hotel we stayed at had the worst food in history.  By this point, we had been eating lots of terrible food, but we won't forget how bad this hotel was.


Since learning we were moving to Long Island, I was most nervous about the day we would drive through New York City.  It was definitely an experience I won't forget.  I would say that LA drivers prepared us for some of it, but New York drivers are a whole other ball game.  It's weird to say that a city can be breathtaking, but there were definitely some gasps as we first saw the city.



Since it was our first rodeo and we didn't fully know what we were doing, we got in one wrong lane and ended up having to drive straight through Manhattan!


That's one way to say hello to a new city.  I'm hoping to never make that drive again, but at least I can say that I've driven through New York.  We crawled our way to Long Island and ventured up to a hotel in Roslyn, just a few miles from our new house...that we couldn't get into for a few more days.  This hotel was a night and day difference from the last, with good food and cozy spots to relax.  I slipped away a few times for some quiet and it was just what I needed after all our adventures.


Welcome to Long Island!


No comments: