April 28, 2024

Florida! Part 1

We went to Panama City Beach, Florida to celebrate my dad's 70th birthday.  We went a day ahead of everyone, flew out of Laguardia's new terminal and killed some time in the lounge.  It was nice to get some brunch before a day of traveling.


We had a layover in DC...it's been a long time since we've done connections and it sure makes for a long day.  But we saw the Washington Monument.  DC field trip, check :)
(I want to take kids on a DC trip for school, but no one is interested in going and thought this should count)


The first night there, the kid's had Diary Queen and hung out at the Airbnb, while Ben and I got some fresh seafood and picked up groceries.  Then we got our toes in the sand for a sunset "hello" to the ocean.


The next day, Ben and I went for a run and then played some games.



Our house was right across the street from the beach but also had a pool in the backyard.



We spent the morning in the pool and the afternoon at the beach.  The perfect kind of day in my opinion.  I also really loved the quality family time.





No comments: