June 2, 2008

10 Months



Alison crawling has really opened my eyes how dirty our house gets. I clean every day, but still her hands get covered in gross stuff from the floor. It makes me wonder why all the rage about hard wood floors. Forget wood! I want carpet! And forget getting anything beside walking Alison around the house done, because she will hunt you down and climb up your legs and stick her little head between your knees. I admit it can be frustrating always having a child pulling on my pants, but it constantly reminds me that the dishes can wait until after she's in bed and my time is precious with her so I should savor every minute I have-even if it means walking slowly around the house with her head between my knees. As I mentioned before we have had a challenge getting Alison to eat. I've had success with yogurt and pizza and most of the time I can trick her as long as I use my spoon instead of her baby ones. I know the pizza part is a shocker, but just keep in mind who her dad is and then it won't seem so weird. If it makes you feel any better, I sneak carrots in it. I even made macaroni and cheese with formula this week but that brilliant idea was also a flop.
Month 10 was definitely the biggest changing month of Alison's life. Her calendar was full of firsts and I'm so proud of my little stander-upper.

2 comments:

Kent J said...

Eating Pizza at 10 months. She's so advanced for her age. ;)

I wish I'd started earlier. It makes me sad thinking of all that pizza I missed out on.

edj3 said...

Just a word of warning: the difference between carpet and hardwood floors in terms of dirt? You can SEE it on the hardwoods. It's still there on carpet! I love those two pictures of her btw.