June 27, 2008

First Steps

Alison took her first steps last night!!! Of course we couldn't get it on film because we were too busy catching her and cheering. Three times she would take a few steps unassisted in between Ben and I. She's been learning so many new tricks I can't keep up with her. If we ask for a kiss she'll pucker her lips and make a big smacking noise-it's super cute and I'll post a video as soon as I get a good shot. She can say "up" when she wants to be picked up and she started signing 'more' today for animal crackers. Her favorite game now is chase (I guess you could call it that). If we say, "I'm going to get you" in a silly voice and start to chase her she'll squeal and crawl as fast as she can away. Every night during her bath, Alison tries to drink out of the cup we use to pour water on her. I never let her actually drink the water because it grosses me out too much, but even if she's in the bathroom with me while I'm getting ready she'll find the empty cup and try to drink out of it. So this afternoon I decided she was messy enough already (who knew animal crackers could ruin an outfit) I'd let her try to drink out of a non-sippy cup. Yes, the minuscule amount of water I put in the cup ended up all of her, but it was completely worth it for how happy it made her.


Ben has been working long hours this week but was able to come home for about an hour yesterday afternoon. He brought his guitar home to practice some songs for the youth event that evening. I find my self thinking every day, "I'm not sure Alison could be any more like her dad." I think these are my new favorite pictures.

No comments: