June 24, 2008

It's been awhile

I know it's been awhile since I've posted. Life has been super busy. Alison and I went to visit my family and meet my new niece last week. The plane ride went smoothly but the airline put the carseat on the wrong flight. Thankfully my parents were waiting for us when we were arrived and were able to entertain Alison while I figured out the carseat situation. It must happen frequently because the airline was able to give me a carseat they had there. My niece, Katherine (I call her baby Kate), is the most beautiful baby. I couldn't believe how great Beth looked and we had a great week of lovin' on Kate. Alison loved being wherever the baby was and spent lots of times standing at Beth's legs while she nursed Kate sharing a snack of Teddy Grahams. She fell in love with Aunt Beth's Teddy Grahams, but unfortunately I haven't been able to find the oatmeal flavor here. We spent an afternoon at the pool with Cara and had a lunch date with Nana. I enjoyed being able to go for runs while Alison was napping and soaked in the peacefulness of Kansas. Alison learned how to climb stairs while we were there and crawled "normal" for a day. She also apparently likes Kansas food much better because her appetite completely changed and my family was able to get her eat lots of new foods. My mom even made her a little hamburger one night and she loved it!









Some of our friends let us borrow a walker this week. It took Alison awhile to figure it out, but now she races through the house. You know how they say, "Oh, she's really going to take off when she starts walking"? Yeah, I think we're really going to be in for it. Our little girl doesn't just kind of mosey through the house, she really sprints!



On a personal note, I'm running my first race since Alison was born this Sunday. It's only a 5K, but for me it will be a big accomplishment. I've been training with a friend from church. She's a cross country coach and has a 1 1/2 year old son. We both having jogging strollers so we usually take the kids, but this week our husbands have graciously taken turns watching them so we can get a feel for running without pushing 30 extra pounds before the race.

No comments: