July 1, 2008

11 Months

This is how Ben does Alison's hair when he gives her a bath. I guess she thinks it's funny. Alison's top right tooth finally broke through yesterday-hence the binki. She was not a happy camper and wanted something to chew on constantly, which I can understand. She's gotten more confident in her standing. A couple of times she's picked up a toy and stood alone for a moment. I get too excited to concentrate long enough to get a picture. Ben says I squeal so loud that I scare her into sitting back down. I'm working on containing my excitement so she can learn to walk.


I've noticed that Alison is only in a diaper in a lot of my posts and I just want assure everyone that we do dress her. Ben might be slightly embarrassed when he sees that I posted this video, but it will just give you all a glimpse at how great he is with his daughter. He's always on the floor playing with her and teaching her new things.

I ran in the Freedom Run this past Sunday. I finished the 5k in 31 minutes and although I wasn't happy with my performance, I had to remind myself that I still accomplished my goal. I blame the stupid water cart for my time. How can a runner pass up water half way through the race? Maybe everyone else has it figured out, but I wanted my water and I can't run and drink so I stopped and enjoyed my cold beverage. Next time...no water carts. They handed out Popsicles at the finish line. It seemed very odd to me. I didn't want a popsicle at the end of a race, now's when I want the water! I can run and lick a popsicle!

1 comment:

edj3 said...

Congrats on your race results! That's great time, don't be so hard on yourself!