October 31, 2008

Happy 15 months!

Today was a BEAUTIFUL day! It was so nice to be able to play outside. For us that really means Alison wondering around and trying to find things to climb on, but it still gets us some fresh air. I can't believe my peanut is 15 months today and I've seen her change so much in the last week, I can only imagine what the next few months have in store for me.

I planned a fun family evening for us since it's Halloween and Alison's 15 month "birthday". We were going to make pizza (which we do every friday night, but it's so yummy!!), carve a pumpkin, roast the seeds, drink hot cider and eat apple crisp and caramel popcorn while playing sequence. We made it through the pizza, pumpkin, cider and crisp...and then pooped out. Alison went to bed and Ben and I watched Fear Factor. We used to watch that show all the time when we were in college and it fit the evening pretty well. I still had a blast relaxing with my family and I hope Alison grows up knowing that you can have the best fun right at home. Speaking of being home, I was really nervous about all the trick-or-treaters out tonight. Ben even took off our doorbell! I was just sure it would be so loud and obnoxious (since it's that way on a normal night, I figured it would be ten times worse), but it was completely silent. Not a single kid was outside. It actually made me really sad. Either it's illegal here and I just don't know it, or everyone is too scared to go out (i.e. me) or they're all down in Detroit starting fires. Any of those choices is just plain sad. Or maybe my nemesis ice cream man ate them all up! Oh, I should add, I didn't dress Alison up for multiple reasons. But I did put her in a Winnie the Pooh T-shirt that lit up. Someone from church gave it to her and she's never worn it so I figured it would be a treat. With some crazy pigtails, her 2nd halloween costume was complete.

1 comment:

CaraBrown said...

Her hair looks sooooo adorable in pigtails. I can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks. Talk about me a lot to her between now and then and show her lots of pictures of me so she thinks I'm cool and remembers me when she gets here. I need to be popular among the toddler crowd.