October 29, 2008

the packing has begun

I got some things out of the attic yesterday to start boxing up. My brilliant plan was to get it all done while Alison was napping. Well, I guess she wasn't very tired since she slept until 9:45 that morning (we were worried she was dead!!!) and took a very short nap. I know packing is going to be challenging, but yesterday just solidified my anxieties about it. Alison was climbing in boxes, on top of boxes and taking everything out of the boxes. It didn't help that I was trying to pack our extra dishes and I kept finding glasses throughout the house. Then joined the cats. They were just as bad as Alison! They kept bitting the boxes and trying to tear them apart. This experience is definitely going to help me grow in my patience.

3 comments:

edj3 said...

Oh Eddie eats cardboard boxes and leaves the most annoying trail of cardboard litter everywhere, almost as though a huge demented mouse were at work. We'll help you pack when we are there next month, or if it would be more helpful, we'll take Alison off your hands so you can pack. Either way--I'm a good organizer :P

Jen Shear said...

Thanks for the offer! I definitely need help organizing!

katherine said...

It sounds as though you would get more packing done if you just didn't try to pack at all. =) That's how I feel about cleaning my house. What's the point? Anna makes messes way faster than I can clean them up so I might as well just play with (ie distract) her. This is why God gave each child two parents. You'll get it all done. It just might not be as quickly as you'd like.