October 23, 2008

We're Moving...

to Virginia! We have accepted the call from Hope Presbyterian Church in Smithfield Virginia. Hope was planted by George Boomer about a year ago and Ben will be the Ministry Director. He will be in charge of worship and leading the 'praise band'. He will also be handling the administration of the church as well as heading up ministries such as youth group, adult small groups and sunday school. The reality is that in a church plant the jobs are endless but we hope to serve in whatever way we can. We don't have exact dates for the move, but Ben starts work at Hope January 1st. We're still trying to figure out how to move, celebrate our Anniversary and Christmas and see family all in one week. I'm going down the first week in November to try and find a place to live. We're planning on renting for awhile since we are going to lose money on the house we're in (if by a miracle is actually sells). I've been overwhelmed by all the generosity shown to us. My friend Abby offered to come to Virginia with me in search for a home and come back in January to help me unpack. Beth is coming in December to entertain Alison and help me pack. Even in Virginia George has been looking at places for us and several families in the church have opened up their homes for us to stay with them. We're sad to leave our friends here in Michigan but we're excited for the opportunity given to us. I know this news is a bit of a shock to some people. It was a shock to us too. We weren't looking for a new job or state to live in, but God had other plans for our life. So if anyone has some spare time and wants to come play with the cutest girl in the world while I pack, our door is open! I feel like there's so much I could say about the move that I don't even know where to start. Therefore, I'll leave you with a cute picture of my baby 1 year ago and I'll post as I think of things to share.

2 comments:

edj3 said...

I am so excited for you guys--what a fun new adventure. And I love seeing how Alison looked when you came to KS this time last year.

Jen Shear said...

It doesn't feel like a year ago at all. I have a feeling I might be saying that the rest of my life!