December 30, 2008

Merry Christmas!

We drove to Tennessee to spend Christmas with the Shear family. The tree was the first thing to catch my eye as we walked in the door. I had talked to Rachel about presents and told her to just get some small things since we were driving the Honda to Virginia. All I had to say was, "Um, Rachel...that does not look small." Christmas Eve we all opened up pajamas and an ornament. Rick let Alison open a special present from him. It was a bear that has a pouch in the tummy that you can heat up and smells like lavender. It's supposed to be calming and relaxing and I can testify that it truly works. Thanks Poppy!
Christmas Morning, Alison and I were up at 5 (not by my choice) and when we ventured down stairs for some milk, we found Cheyenne and Kaitlyn already sitting on the couch waiting to open presents. 6am was the official call time, but I appreciated the company so early in the morning. We munched on cookies all morning while we opened presents, which was a lot of cookies considering it took us until 10:00 to finish. Alison of course enjoyed going person to person getting bites of different cookies.
One of Alison's favorite gifts was an Elmo computer and spent most of the morning by Aunt Cie watching her take pictures with her new camera.
Alison fell asleep in daddy's arms in the middle of opening presents. We opened the rest of her gifts for her and she was just as surprised when she woke up.
It was so nice outside that we went to fly kites with Aunt Chey. I loved being able to be outside without a coat on in the middle of winter.

Our trip was refreshing and just what we needed in the middle of this big transition. Ben and I took turns being sick and were very thankful for extra help and care. The only bummer of the trip is I picked the day Sophie had planned a day at the spa for us to be very sick. Hopefully we'll get to reschedule, but I was really looking forward to some pampering.

No comments: