December 17, 2008

My little helper


My mom brought us some Christmas presents this past weekend when she came to visit. No surprise here, Alison was in love with the BAG. Although her love for bags is cute I was somewhat disappointed because my mom bought Alison her first baby doll. The past couple of times we've been in the toy section Alison has yelled repeatedly "BABY". I knew for sure she would love this gift. However, the gift was opened, the baby was thrown on the floor and she began filling the bag with all of her books.
My mom and sister were here to help me pack, so of course there was a lot of commotion. This morning I began filling a box of stuff from the pantry for Beth to take home with her. Alison came over and took over my job. It dawned on me that for the past couple of weeks she has watched me do this motion a lot. She had picked up on my actions to a 'T' and filled the box without me asking her to. In the video I'm telling her to put it the box because from behind the camera it looked like she was going to wonder away, but really she was just walking to the other side of the box. So Alison packed the box for Aunt Beth and even tried to sneak a few extra surprises in there.

1 comment:

CaraBrown said...

I love that even though this is a busy time for you with packing and all you still take a moment to film Alison helping you pack. So sweet. And I loved the baby doll packed in with the pantry items. haha.