July 18, 2012

Hope Adventure Days 2012


Adventure Day was quite different for me this year...I helped some with the planning, but other than that, our wonderful Children's Ministry Team did all the rest.  They put a lot of work into the day and the kids had a blast.

We met again at the Edward's beautiful farm and got to go swimming at the end.
Ben led songs at the beginning and then he ran around taking pictures for me.
  

I made an attempt to help run a craft station, but Eli was trying to open all the paint and then Colin decided he was hungry.  So most of the morning I was inside with my boys, playing trains of course.


 Alison's favorite part of the morning was crafts and Eli couldn't get enough of the snack station.  The theme was 'God and Me and the Sea', so they made boats and water bottles; played a fishing game and a water relay race; decorated fish cookies and ate goldfish.  They learned about Peter walking on the water and memorized Isaiah 43:2

When you pass through waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire, you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you


No comments: