July 7, 2012

Life as a Third


I think I need a new post label: "Life as a Third".  Colin's life is far different than our first 2.  He is a much different baby, but I've already caught myself doing things I would never have done with Alison or Eliot.  Yesterday, I laid him on the floor for a little 'tummy time' while I got Alison and Eliot down for a nap and then made myself a little lunch.  He is the only Shear kid who as ever tolerated tummy time.  Alison and Eliot would instantly be angry that we laid them down and I always made an effort to put them on a cute blanket in a designated spot.  However, #3 was laid down on his swaddling blanket in the middle of the walkway.  He laid there contently while I made my lunch and as I sat down to eat I realized he had quietly fallen asleep.  Poor kid doesn't even get a proper nap.

Colin had a well check up yesterday and is 8lbs 10oz...he's gained 2lbs in 3 weeks and he's out of most of his newborn clothes and diapers.  Our prayer is that this sweet boy remains our calm and quiet kid.  The return of reflux is constantly on my mind and I often pray for protection for him.  3 weeks has flown by and I find myself wanting time to slow down.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

He's so gorgeous!! I can't believe it's been 3 weeks?!

edj3 said...

He's lovely. I'm glad he's being calm and sweet for you. Maybe he got all the ornery stuff out before he was born.