July 15, 2012

My Bubby



As funny as this sounds, since Colin's been born, I've fallen more in love with Eli.
Having a new baby in the house again has made us reminisce about our other babies. 

 

I remember when Alison was just a few days old, my Aunt Karen told me to savor this time, because it would go by quickly.  At that moment, I desperately wanted time to go by quickly.  But now, I know exactly what she meant.  

So right now, I'm savoring this little boy.  With his toothy grin, his cute little voice and stiff legged run...I love it all.


Right now, life is all about trains.  There are trains lined up in every room of my house.  
From sun up to sun down, I hear about Thomas, Percy and James.
Even the asparagus at dinner turns into a train.



But thanks to Thomas, potty training has been going beautifully.  Eliot was so excited about Thomas underwear that he insisted on wearing all 8 pairs at once.

 

I love hearing "I hold you" throughout the day and "mommy, mommy, mommy!" as he sprints down the hallway after his nap.
I love the confused look he get on his face when I'm nursing Colin and he says "Colin eats?".
I love seeing him put his forehead on Colin's and says "bonk" and then giggles.
I love that his favorite thing in the world is "orange" (aka very watered down orange juice) and that he could survive on cheese alone.


1 comment:

edj3 said...

Hahaha 8 pairs of undies! That cracked me up.