June 20, 2013

Pool time!

This might be our last time in this little pool.
Makes me sad.
So many wonderful summer days have been spent on this deck.


 I love it.  
I love that it's right next to the house if I need anything.  
I love that it's only a few inches deep for my little chillin's and I love that I can soak up the sun, while they play in the shade.


I love that Alison can go down the slide, while the boys play cars in the fountain.
But most of all, I love that they're right there...contained.
I don't have to worry how about 3 kids going in 3 different directions in a dangerous setting.


To that, Colin just laughs.

'Oh, mom.  Don't you know we're growing up and this little pool is not big enough for us.  Don't you know it's time for us all to learn to swim and fall in love with diving for rings.'
Yes, I think he's right.  It's time to move on.
Eagle Harbor pool, here we come!

3 comments:

alicia said...

Oh are you guys moving to Carrollton?! We could have been neighbors! Too bad:/

Jen Shear said...

We are! It would have been fabulous to be neighbors! Ironic how life pans out.

alicia said...

We loved that pool area! I hope you meet a really sweet girl named April smith. She just had her third little boy several months ago. Her oldest might be in Alison's class next year. Anyway, she is the best. Enjoy your new home and space!