June 7, 2013

Traveling solo


The saying is true.
You do, what you have to do.
I knew I had to go to Kansas and since Ben had only been at his new job a few weeks, I ventured there alone with our crew.
 
 
Alison was the least of my worries...she's our expert traveler.  She's so comfortable with the in's and out's of traveling that she was great help with teaching the boys the ropes.

I was, however, a little worried about the boys.  Eliot hasn't flown since he was a baby and this was Colin's first trip.


But, they did amazing!  
Not a single whine or complaint or fuss or worry.  It was shocking to me how they weren't even phased by the fact that we were in the sky, but I think it actually helped that they're boys and loved just being on a plane.


My trick?  I held Colin in front of me and put one kid on each side of me and handed them an electronic, stack of books, their favorite blanket and big bag of fruit snacks.  Hey, it worked and they were happy the whole trip.  Colin even slept some, which gave me some good snuggles that I just soaked up.


Traveling there, we had some amazing flight attendants and found this play place on our layover.  I loved that even Colin could crawl around and get out some energy before we had to sit on another plane.


We made it safe and sound and although our plans for the trip quickly changed upon arrival (due to grandma's decline), I still got to see some of my favorite people!

Dinner with Cara
 Lydia came by the morning we left for grandma's and watched the kids while we packed up our stuff.  I was so thankful we got to meet Courtney and watch the kids play together, but it definitely made me long for more time with these lifelong friends.


No comments: