April 16, 2014

Spring Break, Part 1


Top item on Alison's list was 'go to the park'.
Check.
Sunday afternoon was beautiful, so after some yard work, we took a walk to the park and played.

Colin was so happy to be on the big swings.  He thinks he's so big, but is stuck in a tiny body.

Monday morning, we went to the zoo with some friends.
Eli trying to make himself look at the camera

Alison looks like she could fit in with their family and loved having lots of girls around.  She's right in between Natalee and Lydia, so they all play really well together.

It was kind of weird being with so many girls.  My "normal" day, Alison's at school and it's just me and the boys...never thought my normal would be boys.

Christen taking a picture of the girls


It was thankfully another beautiful day and it was great spending so much time outside.  Everyone else thought so too, because the zoo was packed.  I've never seen it so busy-we even saw Alison's teacher there!

Holding hands with Lydia.  I love how close they are!


We were getting ready to leave and Christen asked if she could take our picture, knowing how hard it is to actually get in a picture with all of your kids.


She laughed and said, "Um, Jen.  Look at Eli."
So this is what I got...


Alison went to the park with the girls while I took the boys to doctor appointments.  She definitely had the better end of the bargain and I'm pretty sure she got ice cream too.


Today it's raining and we painted some pictures for Nonny and Papa, who are coming later this week and Alison made some bracelets while the boys played cars.  I'm enjoying some quiet now while Alison's at a friend's house and the boys are napping. 

No comments: