March 8, 2015

A little lady

Alison has been asking to get her ears pierced for awhile and truthfully, I was excited to get them done too.  We have been working on manors at the dinner table and told Alison that when she completed 10 dinners without having to be reminded of a "manor rule", then she could get her ears pierced.  Sadly, it took her over 2 weeks because of all the sickness in our house, but she completed Shear Manors 101 on Friday night.

The kids celebrated our 10th dinner with a tea cups at dinner.  No hats at the table didn't make it on our manors list...but will have to be added soon, along with 'no blankies!'


Saturday, Alison and I had a girls date and she requested 5 Guys for lunch.  Since recovering from the bug, she has been crazy hungry and craving meat.


After lunch, we went to Claire's.  The lady suggested we do a "double pierce" which means they do both ears at the same time, but the second employee wasn't there yet.  So we went to Target and did a little shopping and came back.  But the other girl was apparently having car problems and still wasn't there.  So I gave Alison the option to go back the next day or get them pierced one at a time.  She chose the brave route!  She was nervous and I think ready to just have it done with.

Afterwards, she said, "Why is it that whenever someone tells you it's not going to hurt, it's actually going to hurt a lot?  Why don't they just tell you the truth?"  It cracked me up.  Um, because I would never be able to drag you into a doctors office if I told you the truth.  I was proud of her and I know she was equally proud.  She kept saying over and over, "I can't believe I just did that!".

More than getting her ears pierced, I have been so proud of this little lady this week.  It's crazy how quickly things can change, but this was a week I saw huge change in Alison.  She started keeping her room really clean and putting her hair up all by herself everyday.  She did more than I asked of her in school, made her own snacks, set the table for dinner with a cheerful attitude and played lovingly with the boys.  Since getting her ears pierced, she's stayed on top of keeping them clean and definitely looks older.

I'm really curious what kind of earrings she'll request to wear when these first ones can come out.  Although, she picked these because they match the ones I was wearing.

kid seflies
p.s.  Ben made zwiebach while we were gone and I think Colin had 5.  His belly was so huge, his shirt wouldn't fit.  Note to self: feed Colin zwiebach before 3 year checkup.

1 comment:

edj3 said...

Aww what a heart melting post! So proud of Alison :)