March 13, 2015

Swim lessons


I found this wonderful gem: homeschool swim lessons at the Newport News Y.  We've done swim lessons at the Smithfield Y for years and never got anywhere...hence, still needing swim lessons.  I've heard great things about the aquatics program at this Y and within 2 lessons, I'm also singing their praises.  The only downer is lessons are right at lunch/nap time, but it's well worth it.  Like I said, Alison has been twice and by the end of this week, she was swimming unassisted in the deep end.  She also swam 1 whole lap, with the aid of a noodle, but was still really proud of herself.  The teacher was also beginning to teach them how to dive in and I'm pretty sure this lady is worth a million dollars.  I can't wait to get Eli in with this lady and see what she can do with him.

1 comment:

edj3 said...

Holy cow she looks so grown up in this photo. Wow.