March 12, 2015

Movin' up

The boys got "new" beds this week!
We day we planned on making the switch ended up being the day they started throwing up...so we waited.  We didn't think that would be a great way for Colin to start the transition to a big bed. 
"Here's your new bed!  Don't mind the vomit on the sheets."  I'm sure the smell would have just lulled him to sleep.

We moved Eli's bed into Colin's room and the futon into Eli's room.   Colin likes trains way more than Eli at this moment, so giving him the Thomas bed made way more sense.  He was super excited, but I knew keeping a tornado in an open bed would not be easy.  So we left up the crib for the transition.  Sure enough, the first night, after 3 chances, he was back in the crib.  BUT after that, he's slept in the big bed, no problem.  Ok, maybe a few little problems, but it's been way smoother than I anticipated.


I also planned to buy Eli new Mario sheets, but that plan also had to wait.  Thankfully the Star Wars blanket we made him for Christmas fits perfectly.  He's been a little confused why he's sleeping on the couch/guest bed, but he's been sleeping great, so I'm not worried about it.  I actually like that when we have other kids over, we can set it up so they have more room to play.  We also reminded him that this thing has been Ben's since he was a teenager, so it's really sentimental that he now gets to have it.   He's 4 and could care less...but I think it's kinda cool.


Now the question is, what to do with the crib that all 3 of our kids have used?

2 comments:

edj3 said...

I was wondering if Eli would like Mineraft sheets (if we could find them) for his birthday? Or is he into something else more?

Jen Shear said...

I think he would. He's asking for a Minecraft party, so it would fit nicely. He keeps asking for a Mario bed, but I don't think he really understands what that means. PLUS, his interests change so much I'm not too worried about it.