August 3, 2015

Catchin' up

I feel like that's theme in my life right now...trying to catch up.  I've had several hiccups while Ben's been gone, from rental people behind on maintenance of the house to Charter turning off our internet twice because we "hadn't paid", regardless that we've been set up on automatic payment for the last 2 years and received confirmation emails of payment.  But this week took the cake.  We went to the library on base (which was amazing, btw) and they wouldn't give me a library card because I didn't have all the nitty-gritty details of Ben's job, nor his signature.  What wife knows her husband's supervisor's duty phone number off the top of her head?!  Then, I tried to buy some homeschool curriculum off of Ebay.  LONG story short, paypal locked our account because Ben is the primary name on our cell phone account and I was trying to use my phone number as verification for payment.  After a long phone call with paypal and going thru interrogation that I am Ben Shear's wife, they let me buy kindergarten math books.  Cake topper: I had my wallet next to my computer while I worked on the ebay/paypal disaster yesterday.  In a brief moment that I turned my back, Colin shoved my driver's license, military ID, Target Redcard and a Target gift card in the CD player of my computer.  I knew something was wrong when I tried to watch a Redbox movie last night and pieced together what happened in the Target parking lot this afternoon.  Thankfully I was able to fish out my military ID so I can get Alison to her doctor's appointment this week.  Sigh.  How mothers survive early childhood is a complete mystery to me.

Before my breakdown in the Target parking lot, we went to CieCie's Pizza for lunch...on Alison's birthday bucket list.


The kids LOVED it.  I think they really just love the novelty of being able to pick whatever they want to eat.  However, at this point in our life, it is not a wise financial decision...$16 for 4 slices of pizza, 8 pieces of brownie and 2 cups of pop that they don't like because it's bubbly is not a good deal.  $10 at chick-fil-a gets me 3 kids meals and they eat the whole thing.  Anyway, at lunch, Eli said his tooth really hurt.  Come to find out, he has his first loose tooth!  I had to take a picture of his smile because I'm going to miss this little face!


So, you may be wondering what happened to Colin after his large indiscretion.  I didn't know what to do with him.  I was angry and he didn't understand what he did.  So I made him play in his room for a long time without watching his normal quiet time show.  Did he get it?  no.  But I learned something about Colin.  He has so much energy, he needs an outlet...and being home for 3 days while Alison recovered was not giving him an outlet of energy.  After I calmed down and he said a million times from his room, "I'm ready to obey momma!" I let him come help me make Alison's birthday cake.  He wanted to do it all by himself.  Any new mom's reading: 3 is way harder than 2...forget terrible 2's, it's more like terrifying 3's!


But, for all of Colin's spice, he has so much sweetness.  His laugh has started to sound different:

And because no post is complete without a pool video:

No comments: