November 30, 2015

Thanksgiving



I felt like this year was the most relaxed Thanksgiving ever.  I don't know how everyone else felt, but I wasn't stressed one bit...not even for a second.  All I could think about all day, was how overwhelming thankful I was that Ben was home.  I got to cook with him and hear his laugh and see him snuggle our kids and little things like table decorations and what time we ate, just didn't phase me.  It was blissful for me and I hope everyone else felt the same.

Speaking of Ben, he's going to kill me for posting this picture, but it cracks me up every time I see it!

making green bean casserole
Also speaking of things not phasing me, I didn't pick up my camera much that day.  I know Kent got some amazing pictures and will give him full credit when I "steal" them from him :)

I can tell you that when we weren't cooking, we were watching the parade (which was way better than previous years-but yes is really just one long advertisement) or playing games.


I lost count of how many games of Risk the boys played.


The little boys were busy playing pj games...I also lost count of how many times they changed them! 
Here, they're pretending to be cars:


And yes, I let them even wear pj's to Thanksgiving dinner, because really, don't we all want to be wearing elastic pants?

Alison declared herself the new puzzle master and did this entire puzzle that afternoon.  I was so proud of her!


Because I looked back at last year's post for our menu, I'm posting this year's so I will remember!

Breakfast: cinnamon rolls 
(make more...the kids devoured them and they were all gone by the time I got back from my run!)

Lunch: smoked salmon dip and Ritz crackers, pigs n' a blanket, veggie tray and cheddar/horseraddish dip

Dinner: turkey, sweet potato casserole, stuffing, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, gravy, pumpkin pie, maple whipped cream

*next year add molasses cookies for dessert!


1 comment:

edj3 said...

I completely agree, this was the most relaxed Thanksgiving ever. I loved it, I always love visiting but this visit was special. Thank you, thank you for allowing us to come every year. It means the world to us both.