January 17, 2016

Jump Rope


It was a beautiful day yesterday, in the 60's, and when I got home from my run, Ben and the kids were outside playing.  Alison challenged us to a jump rope contest. 



But the best part of the day was watching Alison jump rope.



Less than 24 hours after our jump rope contest, it started snowing!


The kids were thrilled to walk through BIG snowflakes as we left church and were in awe as we drove home.  I love the wonder snow brings to little kids.  We immediately changed into pj's and turned on the fire when we got home.


The kids sipped cocoa and I made them all lay in their rooms with the shades open, to just watch the snow for awhile.  They thought I was crazy, but I wanted them to just take a moment and savor the snow...and rest.


I'm sure the snow won't last long, so I'm enjoying this winter afternoon for all it's worth!

1 comment:

edj3 said...

You're right, watching Alison jump rope put a big smile on my face :)