January 9, 2016

This week...

It's no secret, these kids are spoiled.  Somehow quiet time ended up on my bed Sunday afternoon.
Smoothies, a movie and pj's...spoiled.


I can't remember why I took this picture, but let's just document that Eli at 5.5 still loves the tag on his blankie.

 Monday morning we started school back up and got to watch it snow while we worked.  I should have waited to do school and took the kids outside to catch flurries because I waited too long and by the time we were done working, the snow was gone.  Lesson learned...snow=pause school.


Thursday was back to gymnastics and Colin refused to participate (although I can see how the gym is intimidating to a little squirt) and took pictures with my phone while we watched the other 2 tumble around.

Colin: "Say 'Cheese' momma!"
Me: "Cheese!" with my giant cup of tea to try and gain some energy while the kiddos get some of theirs out.

Selfie of Colin...he looks so different!


Friday, Alison had a slumber party with her friends Natalee and Lydia, who are conveniently sisters.


She has been dying to have a slumber party before we move and although I warned her that I'm no Lorelai Gilmore (i.e. I'm going to make them go to bed at 9:30 and be quiet), I think they had a great time.

I explained to the boys that they get to have "boy time" all the time because they have each other and this was Alison's time to have "girl time" because she doesn't have any sisters.  So, we asked them to leave the girls alone and let them play girlee things in peace.  A few minutes later, the boys walked downstairs like this:



"We're girls now, so we can play too!"

I have never laughed so hard in my life.

They attempted to convince the girls that they were girls too, but it didn't work.  So, they changed into superheros and flew around the house.

Ben built the girls a giant tent and they happily played Barbies and made bracelets in there for hours.

This morning, Colin came down for breakfast like this:

And while the boys went to the Y, the girls did makeovers.
Alison's napping now, which means they probably got a whole lot less sleep than I thought.  Sleepover, check.



In other news:
We are officially moving to Yuma, AZ and have a verbal agreement on a house to rent.  Packers come February 24th, Ben checks out of his post on March 1st and we'll begin our trek across the country.  I don't know a thing about Arizona, but I found a homeschool group in our town and the house is 7 minutes away from the Y and water park and just 2 miles away from California and Mexico, which I think is just plain crazy.  Anyway, we think Yuma will be a great experience.  Ben's commute will be half the time it is now, with no traffic.  We're looking forward to some amazing Mexican food and to making some trips to San Diego and the Grand Canyon.  If nothing else, we'll learn a little Spanish and have a good dent on our geography notebook.  I love it that our kids get to experience so many different states.



1 comment:

edj3 said...

That photo of Eli is pure comedy gold--I laughed and laughed. That is just awesome.