January 30, 2016

This week...

Tuesday it was warm, but there was still snow on the ground.  So while I unloaded groceries and organized some things in the garage, the kids knocked down our snowman.  I think they loved playing in the snow even more this day because they didn't have to bundle up.


And this is what I was organizing in the garage:
 

Our purge pile takes up half of the garage and we haven't even touched the attic space.  Why is it sitting here?  One of the moms from gymnastics asked if she could come pick up all of our stuff for a friend who has garage sales to help raise money for adoption (they're trying to adopt 2 babies from overseas).  I immediately said yes and it has made letting go of some things much easier.

Playing a game after dinner has become somewhat of a routine lately.  Colin always sits with Ben and is "on his team", but I found Eli trying to teach him how to play Uno one afternoon so he could participate that night.  I love how much he loves his brother.


We played dominoes tonight...

 

and Ben always has the hardest job trying to play with Colin climbing all over him.  Tonight, he was attacked by a blanket while trying to win.
 
 

We begin the final attic purge tomorrow and come Monday, we're going to start chipping away at getting this house inspection ready so we can get our full deposit back.  I know it will be hard to leave this house, but I'm also looking forward to no more winter!  No more coats and boots and being stuck inside!

I had our crib made into a bench and I LOVE IT, but you can hardly see it under the constant coat/shoe/bag drop-age.



3 comments:

Jamie said...

Your purge pile is amazing to me! Also, who made the bench? That is such a good idea!

edj3 said...

Love the bench too! And love that Eli was teaching Colin. That's good stuff right there.

Jen Shear said...

Nathan Jones (Christen's husband) made it! He's never made one before but did an amazing job.