November 4, 2017

Falloween

We had our second annual "Falloween" party.  This year I only have 3 pictures instead of 2 posts, so clearly it was much more laid back.  We had chili, cornbread and apple cider for dinner and played a "who can guess the right number of candy corn" game.  The kids were happy just running around in their costumes and then Ben and Brian took the crew around the block for some candy.


When the kids got back, they got to work trading their candy.


I learned my lesson from last year and bought 3 giant boxes of fruit snacks to hand out.  It still wasn't enough and Alison had a sign all ready to go to put up on the door to let people know we were out of candy.  I have never seen so many trick-or-treaters.


My favorite part of the night:
Katie (a lady from our church) and her almost 2 year old came over for the party.  Liam's take on Halloween had me cracking up.  He could see that I was handing out food to people who rang my doorbell and he could see that all the kids were putting food in piles all over the floor, so he opened our pantry and started putting boxes of cereal in the bowl of hand-out candy and then distributed cashews and crackers to each of the kids.  It was hilarious.

No comments: