August 2, 2009

Big girl bed!

I should be blogging about our trip to Beaver Lake, but we have so many pictures and videos to go through I know it's going to take awhile and I couldn't wait to show these pictures.
We've been talking up big girl beds for awhile and decided to take the plunge today. When we bought Alison's crib we were under the assumption that it was a bed that converts to a toddler bed, but found out today that it really only turns into a day bed.Ben put a lot of work into changing the crib, but we quickly agreed that Alison would most likely roll onto the floor if we left it like this. We checked out bed rails but found that the smallest one would only leave Alison 3 inches to get through to get into bed...essentially it would still be a crib. So, we quickly jumped into plan B since bed time was approaching. The Boomer's gave us a toddler bed before Alison was even born when they were moving here and we've kept it in the garage ever since. Boy am I thankful we did! Thankfully she wasn't too confused when we told her two different beds were her new big girl bed. But now her room looks even more ginormous with this little tiny bed in it.She went to bed beautifully and I haven't heard a peep since. It's so nice to be able to just tell her to get into bed.
These are just a couple of pictures from yesterday.Playing dress up
In her new shirt from Andrea and Jesse. I thought she looked so cute!

2 comments:

edj3 said...

Aw a big girl bed! What a milestone. And I think she looks adorable in that top from Andrea and Jesse, vivid colors work so well with her coloring.

Guess you could always set up a bowling alley now in her room!

Andrea said...

oh wow the shirt fits perfectly! I am glad I got the 3T that girl is tall!