August 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Alison!

I can't believe my peanut is 2! I never believed people when they told me time would fly by and to enjoy every moment. Now I know what they were trying to tell me. I've loved every moment of Alison's life (well, maybe not teething) and can't wait to see what's to come.
Grandma and Grandpa gave Alison some gifts before we left Kansas on Thursday. Alison was excited to try on her new princess shoes.Truthfully, we were all pretty grumpy on Alison's birthday. We didn't get home until 1am Friday from Kansas and for some unknown reason Alison still woke up at 7:15. She happily took 2 naps and opening presents throughout the day helped lift her spirits. I had planned on having the house decorated and a yummy breakfast waiting for when she woke up, but that for sure did not happen. Daddy came to the rescue and went and some Ringo's donuts and even surprised us with some lunch too. Alison had lots of packages waiting for her from Poppy, Mimi, all the aunts, Nana, Granddad, Andrea and Jesse.Alison sporting her new dress Nana made for her on the Like A Bike
I think I like Alison's birthday better than my own. It was really fun to watch her tear open the presents and the huge smile on her face was priceless. And, she's played better than she ever has the past 2 days. So thank you to all who contributed to Alison's entertainment!Last night we had Daddy's special pizza and ice cream to celebrate. Alison did pretty good blowing out the candles, but wouldn't eat the ice cream. This morning we had a little party with the Boomer's and Emerson's.Getting "pretty toes" for the partyWe decided today that we're going to stick to small parties for awhile. I forgot how much kids love presents and with sugar in them, it got a little crazy when gift time came. I was so thankful they were able to come though and I know Alison enjoyed seeing her friends.
Andrea sent us a video of Jesse saying 'Happy Birthday' to Alison and then put a little clip of the two kids taking a bath together when they were about 6 months old. It was so fun to look back on Alison's life and remember some really sweet times.

Happy Birthday Alison! I hope the next 2 years are a great as these 2 have been. I love you so much!

2 comments:

edj3 said...

Aw I just can't get enough of the pictures and videos. She looks really cute in her princess tiara! Did she hold still for you when you painted her toes?

Jen Shear said...

Yes, she loves getting her toes painted.