September 21, 2009

Baby #2!!!

Ben and I are excited to announce that baby #2 is on the way!!! I'm 9 weeks pregnant and due April 25th!4 weeks, after a 3 mile run
This pregnancy has been completely different than with Alison. This time I didn't even think I was pregnant. I had been running 4 to 5 miles a day and I remember thinking, "no one can run 5 miles and be pregnant." I was feeling so good running that I had decided to start training for a half marathon. Well, the next day I was suspiciously STARVING. Ben made a comment about how I should probably take a test and I assured him that I was not pregnant. The next morning I woke up before Ben and Alison and began to think maybe Ben was right. Taking a test was probably the responsible thing to do, but truthfully, I laid there for a couple of minutes convincing myself it would be okay to go buy another test (I only had one and I knew it would be negative, and those things are so darn expensive!). And just like with Alison, before I could put the test down a bright pink line was staring me in the face. I've always wanted to tell Ben in a really cool way and admit to day dreaming about it way too much. But both times as soon as I saw the results, all my planning went out the window. I ran and started jumping on the bed and told Ben to wake up! He slightly pried open one eye and I told him he was going to be a daddy...again. Well, his reaction was less then ideal but he managed to get out a "yeah!" (anyone who knows Ben, knows he is NOT a morning person). 9wks!
I've spent the last 5 weeks trying to convince myself I am really pregnant. I feel great. I've still been running 3 miles, 3 times a week and have been going to my kick boxing class. This kid likes to exercise, let me tell you. I feel so much better when I do, not at all like with Alison. I could barely hop without tossing my cookies with her. My biggest struggle has been with food. I'm starving all the time, but nothing sounds good except really bad for me food. And apparently I loose the ability to cook when I'm pregnant. Things I made a couple of months ago that were amazing are suddenly blah. I struggled with it with Alison, but instead of admitting it, I just had meltdowns. This time, I admit it and accept defeat. I mean, I even ruined pasta one night! So, thankfully I chose my husband wisely and married a great cook. Ben has taken up a lot and has started to spoil me. This week the cravings hit full force. Yesterday, all I could think about was a Asian chicken salad from Panera and lemon meringue pie. Poor Ben. There's not a Panera within a 30 mile radius of here...so that was a little unpractical. The lemon meringue pie-I've never had one, but Amelia Bedilia made one in the book I read Alison and it sounded like the best thing ever. Ben said he would attempt one, but not when I requested it at 10pm. I had my second doctor's appointment this morning and saw the most amazing thing ever! My baby's little heartbeat! I really can't get over how amazing it was to see the baby. The nurse let me just look for a couple of minutes and soak it all in. I could see the baby's arms and legs moving and nurse was surprised how much it was moving around. It's hard for me to say "it"...I'm convinced it's a boy. Which, by the way, is super scary, but becoming more exciting to me. First of all, we don't like any boy names, so the poor kid is going to be nameless. Second of all, I don't know anything about boys nor do we have anything besides pink princess things. Third of all...they just scare me. But the more I think about it, the more excited I get. I was right with Alison, we'll see if I'm right this time.
Big sister reading to Milo in his kitty bedWe've talked about with Alison and I think she's slowing getting it. I put the ultrasound picture up on the refridgerator this morning and she's asked to see the baby all day. At first when we told her there was baby in my tummy, she thought we meant my belly button. So she lifted up her shirt, pointed to her belly button and said, "Alison has baby too!". I think she's going to be the best big sister and I can't wait until she has a play mate that she can say "come play!" to :)

3 comments:

edj3 said...

Oh yay, I am so happy you've announced it and I'm even more happy that you are feeling so good. That was true for my second pregnancy (which would be Ben), I felt fantastic all the way through it. So here's hoping you continue feeling so well :-)

Jen Shear said...

Thanks! I hope it continues too!

katherine said...

Yay! Congratualtions! I'm glad you're feeling so well. You're hilarious, by the way. I'm sure you'll come up with a name soon (although we never did settle on another girl's name since Dylan wouldn't talk about it he was so convinced we were having a boy...).