September 20, 2009

Come back Daddy!


This is quite possibly the saddest video ever. Ben was gone all weekend at Brett's wedding in Arkansas. ALL weekend I heard, "Daddy home?" and when I was finally able to say 'yes' to her pleas this afternoon, she was beyond excited...like, couldn't nap so excited. Even after an exhausting weekend Ben jumped right into playing and romping around with her. Sadly, Ben had a meeting for work he had to go to tonight. I told him he better not leave, because I knew she would fall to pieces. Well, work is work and daddy left after dinner. As soon as she realized he was leaving she ran to the window and for 5 minutes said, "come back daddy!". The only way I got her to stop was with chocolate...didn't you know chocolate solves everything? I should add that the odd outfit she's wearing is a random T-shirt of mine she put on and declared she was a princess. I wish I turned into a princess every time I put on a boring T-shirt.

2 comments:

edj3 said...

Aww I want to give her chocolate. That was just sad and sweet and heart-breaking all at once.

Kent J said...

Elizabeth stole my line, but it really is sad and sweet and heartbreaking.