September 23, 2009

Surprise!


I just love the way Alison says 'suprise!'. It sounds more like 'a prize' and it always makes me laugh.
Did I mention this was cravings week? I now have an obsession for salads and pickled okra. I'm not really a salad person and usually only eat them when we're out to eat or at someone elses house. This week, I've been having 2 salads a day with a side of okra. Though it's weird, I'm thankful the cravings have turned to a healthy side. I never gave into my lemon meringue pie craving, but I did make a sugar free chocolate pudding pie and even make the graham cracker crust and whipped cream from scratch. I was pretty impressed and decided to reward my non cooking failure by topping it with some oreos.

2 comments:

edj3 said...

Pickled okra? Really? I've never heard of, let alone tasted, pickled okra. Is that something from the Yoder side of your family? And all I saw as Alison hollered "surprise" is her really long legs, lucky girl.

Jen Shear said...

We occasionally had pickled okra in the house growing up. I think it was all my dad. They're super good.