September 5, 2009

Saturday fun!

We finally made it home on Monday. I've never had such a horrible travel, but I'm so thankful to be home. After spending the afternoon stuck in Detroit and then spending the evening with Alison wiggling in my lap, I came home to a wonderful husband who had the house more than spotless, all the laundry done, flowers on the table and dinner on the stove. The only incentive I have to consider traveling again is the $900 Delta gave me to fly with them again. They also gave me money for food and I spent every penny stocking up on treats for Alison. Oh, and she did awesome during the whole fiasco. I can't say that much for me-I definitely shed a few more tears than necessary. Alison was hilarious when we got home. She was so excited to see her toys again she was like a little tornado going through everything. One afternoon we were going to stop by Ben's office and I told we were going to see daddy. Her response was, "Airplane!" and she went got the suitcase...the poor girl is so confused where daddy, grandma and grandpa are now. It's hard to explain to a 2 year old that grandma and grandpa live in Kansas, but we live in Virginia.
We've spent this week relaxing, recouping and getting back in the groove of things. This morning Ben was showing Alison some of his new songs and she broke out in a little dance. Alison doesn't "dance" so it was pretty funny. Now we all know Ben is a man of many talents, in fact that's an understatement, so if you'd like to hear some of the techno songs he's written recently check out his new blog

After our dance session, we headed outside for a little bike ride. It was really neat to see Alison get more confident on her bike.

No comments: