September 24, 2009

"Nap time"


Alison and I had busy and long morning filled with the Y and errands in Newport News. On the drive home she was falling asleep and I just knew she would fall asleep quickly once in bed. It was quiet for awhile, and then I heard a crash. My first thought was that one of the cats knocked something over, but then I found them both asleep right in front of me. Knowing the crash must of come from Alison's room and I peeked in to see if she was okay. I found her dressed up, complete with Cinderella shoes, a princess hat, a pink skirt and she's laying on a tutu and Santa hat. She had at least 5 books in the bed, including a forbidden one that always gives her a paper cut that she dug out from the closet. She was reading to Raggedy Ann and Winnie the Pooh. She has been taking books to bed lately and I haven't minded because she's quiet and sleeps longer than normal. Today was a little extreme...and I definitely had to go in to clear her bed and remind her it really is nap time.

No comments: