July 21, 2011

Just to follow suit

I thought I better blog about how we've been handling the heat too. Everyone's doing it, you know.

This particular 100+ degree day, we did Alison's hair like her favorite character on Kidsongs and were excited to receive our new blender (aka frappaccino maker) in the mail.
I had a list of things I needed to bake and really debated whether it was worth the money to just go buy them. Alison was excited to bake with me, so away we baked. We made graham crackers, lemon bread, whole wheat bread and "no bake" cookies. This was the first time I've let Alison stir things on the stove. She did an excellent job and kept reassuring me that she wouldn't get burned.

No surprise here...Alison wanted to decorate the cookies.

Eli spent the time pushing the Elmo chair around the kitchen, attempting to get in on the baking action. Really, he just wanted to see what he could get his hands on to eat.

After our baking extravaganza, we cooled off by the vent in the play room and colored. Alison was not into getting her picture taken, but I had to document Eli coloring. He's got some good eye/hand coordination, for only being 15 months old.

We read some books, watched a Kidsongs, ate some cookies, and played a little Ring Around the Rosies.


Did you notice Alison's outfit change? Her new shoes came in the mail, so a new outfit was required. She will not be convinced that this shirt is not a dress.

While the heat doesn't bother me like most, I am ready for it to cool off some so we can start running outside again...treadmills just aren't as fun as tree lined trails.


3 comments:

katherine said...

Anytime you need another little helper in the kitchen I will send Anna your way. She and Alison would have a great time decorating cookies together.

Also, I've never heard of Kidsongs but I just looked it up. Do you have a favorite?

Jen Shear said...

Her favorite is Let's Dance.
If you have Netflix, you can get them off there.

I wish Anna was close enough to send over! We'd have so much fun!

Kyle & Lydia said...

Her shirt/dress is super cute as are the pigtails!