November 25, 2013

Last week=the bug

Last week was going pretty normal...
we were pluggin' along on letter M and I taught a few classes at the Y.

Colin falls asleep everyday on the way home from the Y


And this is my favorite part of the day; 
carrying in my sleepy babe.

He doesn't sit still long enough to snuggle, so this is my only chance.
I love it.

Sadly, shortly after I took this picture, I began to feel sick.
A bad case of strep hit me and ended up getting Ben too, although his case was light.
I spent the rest of the week on the couch, letting the kids do whatever they wanted.
Seriously.  I had bought a bag of marshmallows to use for a counting activity on Thursday and I let the kids eat the whole bag.  I let them ride their bikes through the house and fed them ice cream for dinner.  There was about 24 hours that I could barely talk and the kids kept asking "are you better yet, mommy?". 

I am thankful for antibiotics and we are almost all the way back to normal.


One morning, Colin started trying to say a few new words.  Everything is dada...and then a sign to mean something else.  But it sounded like he was trying to say 'love you' and 'stinky' and 'diaper' (if he poops he'll come to me, pull at his diaper and say stinky).

No comments: