November 4, 2013

Wonderful Weekend

 I broke in my new trail shoes on our Saturday run.  It was such a beautiful morning that we felt like we could have run all day.  
*This was our first long run together.  5 miles in the books! 
 I think I may have Ben hooked on distance :) 

Really wish I would have stood in prettier leaves :/
We made a family Target run and actually only came home with the essentials on our list...I know, I'm proud of us too.
Ben scoured Redboxes all over the area for 2 days and we finally snatched up 'Monsters University' for our family movie night.  Ben made margarita pizza and the kids and I made caramel popcorn.

Colin doesn't care a lick about TV and just wanted to run around the room destroying everyone's popcorn, so he got sent to bed extra early so we could really enjoy the movie...and I did!  We all snuggled on the floor and munched on popcorn and I loved every minute.


We agreed that we would make it more a priority to watch more movies with our kids and have planned a caramel corn cook-off...my mom's vs. his mom's recipe...stay tuned.


Ben and I have been dreading Sunday for months.  Seriously.   Someday I will like Daylight Savings.  Someday when my children actually sleep past 7 am, I will like it.

We took naps Sunday afternoon and then I took the kids to the park while Ben cooked a BIG batch of Indian lentils.  Have you noticed Ben does most of the cooking on the weekends?


It was a little chilly, but we had a really fun time.  I love that Colin is big enough to just throw in the wagon.
P.S. I am more sore from pulling this wagon to the park, than I am from the 5 mile run!

 



Hot chocolate was a must when we got home.
 

All the kids were asleep by 7 pm last night and were up at 4:45am!  
Here's hoping for more sleep tonight.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Lisa Y. was telling me that there is a redbox app you can get that lets you reserve movies and it tells you which location the movie is at! I thought that would be helpful! Sounds like an awesome weekend!! And 4:45?! My heart broke for you <3

Jen Shear said...

I think he was using that app, but had to check it a lot to snatch one up. Yesterday they were up at 5:45 and today we made it all the way to 6...except Colin was up at 4:15 talking to himself, but I left him until he fell back asleep.