November 17, 2013

This week...


~Cutting really clicked with Eli.  
I could see it in his eyes, the instant his confidence grew...and I'm so thankful I got to be there to see the click!

~Alison came home with an awesome report card so we celebrated with some ice cream.
I spoke with Alison's teacher this week and she told me that Alison is advanced for 1st grade.  She's reading at a 3rd grade level and aced all of the testing she just finished.  She said that if we worked with her on a few things we could get her tested for the gifted program...but I'm not sure we'll pursue that.  I know, it sounds crazy.  But I think for 1st grade, it's okay to build her confidence and just let her be good at what she's learning.

~I was trying to enjoy a good book, but Eli just couldn't sleep...so he jumped in daddy's spot and picked out all of the 'L's off the pages I was reading.

~We finally got Colin's swing up and running!  It only took 4 months...

~Here's Alison in her gymnastics class:

No comments: