June 15, 2014

Happy Birthday Colin!!!


Colin's birthday and Alison's dance recital were the same day!  Ben was supposed to be gone too, but won mega points when he changed his trip so he could be here to help me.  It seriously was a huge deal to me that he was here and I thought countless times "I'm so glad he's here".  I saw it as a huge blessing that Ben and Colin got most of the day together while I was with Alison at her rehearsal.  Alison and I were home for a couple of hours in the afternoon...just enough time to eat, shower and have a party!


Eliot picked out tie-dyed cupcakes and Alison helped make them.  I love that you can see Colin playing in the background with earmuffs on :)

 By the way, Eliot was SO excited for Colin's birthday...I think he's starting to appreciate having a younger brother.  

I took a million pictures and I loved most of them, so enjoy the birthday show:



of course Eli is in his winter pjs...it's only fitting


He got a Cars watch and glo in the dark ball


This picture is just hilarious.  Ben opened the bag of the Thomas tent and it went flying across the room, barely missing Colin's head.  So if you buy a Thomas tent, watch out...they explode.








His eyes were full of wonder through the whole party, just soaking everything in.  Periodically, he would say, "Oh, cool!"



The one bit Colin ate.  Boy am I glad I didn't make a giant cake.

Listening to us sing 'Happy Birthday'


blue icing was fun, but messy!
"hmm, how can I make this higher?"


 



I can't believe he's 2!
Happy Birthday my Lil' Stinker!  We love you!
 

1 comment:

edj3 said...

Oh I'm so glad Ben changed his trip to be home with you. These are great pictures. I esp loved the ear muffs and winter PJs. Kids!