May 22, 2015

Happy 33 to me :)

  Ben took off work again for my birthday and we spent the day as a family.  We still had to get school done, so Ben worked with Eli and I worked with Alison in the morning.  Then Ben and I ran the trail while the kids played at the Y.  On the way home, Alison asked if we could go out to lunch.  So spontaneously, we quickly cleaned up and got back in the car and ended up at Buffalo Wild Wings.  
I sure do love the color green on Alison.


I loved this birthday because the kids were really into it.  Alison made a birthday banner and hung it on the mantel.  Eli woke me up in the morning saying "Happy Birthday!" and made me this gift:


He gets more creative every day and I love watching his imagination grow.  He cut off part of an egg carton and topped it with a piece of paper decorated with cut outs of another egg carton.  The gift was a bouncy ball that was tucked inside.  It melted my heart that he put so much thought into it.

They kids played outside while Ben and I cooked for the party.  Colin does not like sprinklers and refuses to have any part of them.  Oh the quirks kids have.  Sure, he'll run through a crowd of strangers and eat anything off the ground, but sprinklers?  nope, not  going to happen.


We had a Mexican fiesta for dinner The flowers Ben bought were the perfect party decoration.


We had fish tacos, guacamole and pico.


And for dessert, fruit pizza!  One of my favorite treats!


Thank you to all of my family who showered me with love and gifts this birthday.  I felt very spoiled.

1 comment:

edj3 said...

That looks to have been a fantastic birthday, even with the wings. I love the idea of wings but gosh they're messy.