May 9, 2015

This week


 We found a nest in an overgrown bush.  Ben took it down and found a little egg in it.

Then he played a little basketball with the kids.



Colin LOVED playing with him.  It doesn't look like much is going on in these pictures, but Colin is saying, "ME!  Pick me daddy!".


The growing food consumption continues in our house.  One night, Colin ate 4 plates full of food!  I made a side of pasta to make the dinner go farther and I think I might have to start doing that for every meal.  That night we had pork chops, pesto pasta, kale chips and apple slices and every things was gone at the end of dinner.  I also love in this clip that you can hear Eli say "bee-zurt" (aka dessert)...in the next clip I took, he all of the sudden realizes that he's not wearing underwear.


Eli's favorite snack is a jelly sandwich and raisins.  One afternoon, he ate 3...which probably was not the best idea, but somehow he asked me and Ben alternating and we didn't know the other had already gotten him one.  He's a sneaky one.


This week, Alison's friend Wynnie moved.  She lived across the street and was also homeschooled.  Wynnie was definitely my favorite neighbor friend to come over...why do the good ones always have to move?  We were saying goodbye to her and I told Alison to write down our address for Wynnie so they could write letters back and forth.  Wynnie says, "I'm more of an email girl.  I'll just add you to my contacts."  Has it seriously come to this?  8 year olds can't write letters any more?  Do they really have their own email accounts?  This is crazy.

Wynnie, Lukas, Alison

2 comments:

edj3 said...

That is fantastic that Colin and Eli are eating so much! I was looking through the pictures on my digital photo frame that has pictures when
Colin was so skinny -- big changes!

Jen Shear said...

I'm praying all this food makes a difference...really hoping his 3 year check up is different than all the rest.