May 24, 2015

Last day of school celebration


But before I tell you about our last day of school, I had to write these things down before I forget:

~Eli says "as well" a lot.
May I have raisins as well as a sandwich?
I love playing outside as well.
I'm going to put my pajamas on as well.
Countless times a day, he'll add it into his sentence.  He's so distinguished.

~Ben, calling the kids inside for dinner: "Alison, Eliot, Eli! Come wash up for dinner!".  I laughed so hard my stomach ached. 


Okay, back to the real post.  Ben actually finished up school with the kids on Friday morning while I went grocery shopping.  I came home to them dancing around with some music blasting.  Yea summer! After lunch and reading time (Alison was slightly devastated when I said we still had to read even when school was done) we rode our bikes to our neighborhood pond to fish.  We've lived here 2 years and this is the first time we've taken the kids fishing.








Thankfully Colin finally got distracted throwing rocks into the water and stopped trying to whack turtles with a pole.


We didn't see a single fish, but still had fun enjoying a beautiful day. 
 

When we were done at the pond, we biked over to Sonic for some ice cream. vers.


Colin doesn't like cold treats, so he picked a corndog.

 


1 comment:

edj3 said...

Now you can laugh at me. I read this post at the same time Kent did, and just now asked him why you'd laughed over Ben calling the kids in to wash up. He said he'd had to read it twice to catch it--that Ben had called Eli twice. So yeah, I was even slower on the uptake!