May 13, 2015

Zoo pictures

Perfect timing...I had a funny story to post, but no pictures to put with it.  So here's a random story, with pictures from our zoo trip a couple of weeks ago.

The last 2 Saturdays, Ben and I have accidentally been in a 5k.  Awkward running, twice.  We've run the trail on Saturdays for years and this has never happen.  The first Saturday, we came down a hill and 2 girls were standing by a table full of cups of water and asked us if we wanted a drink.  We passed and they gave us really funny looks...as we turned the next corner we found the start of the race with some people warming up.  The girls must have thought we started the race early and were lost.  The next Saturday, we were running and kept passing people walking dogs.  We saw one lady with a number on her shirt and contemplated whether she forgot it was on there from a previous race or if she kept it on for sentimental reasons.  Eventually, the number of people we were passing with dogs was getting ridiculous and I said, "We must have missed the memo...I think we need to go find a dog to run with us."  Right after I said that, we passed a sign that said "Dog Jog 5k" and saw a man carrying is fairly large dog.  I think everyone else missed the memo that it was a dog jog, not a dog walk or carry.  At that point, I had to stop running because I was laughing so hard.  Yet again, we came up on the start/finish line and were torn with the decision to grab a dog and cross the finish line or to change our route.  We ended up just running beside the finish line, but yet again got lots of really weird looks.  Note to self: get a dog and keep note of races in local area.


Can you tell Alison was not excited about sharing the picture?
 

The day we went, it had just stopped raining and all the animals were out eating breakfast.  It was the first time we've been that we've really been able to see the animals up close.
 

Riding the train

This is Eli's look of "I'm really enjoying this, but I'm not going to keep all of the excitement to myself."
 





No comments: