March 15, 2012

Happy Birthday Ben!

My hubby is 29 years old!
I thought it was a big year to celebrate...the last year in his 20's and he's accomplished so much this year. However, I have to admit that I think I might have enjoyed his celebration more than anyone in the house.

We woke up to the most beautiful morning ever. The windows were open and the temperature was perfect. I love waking up to a bright sun and chirping birds. I made french toast and sausage for breakfast, and while we sipped some hot coffee, Ben opened his present from the kids.

Then we headed out to do some shopping. Ben had no problem finding a new outfit and then we had Abuelo's for lunch. We spent the afternoon playing outside, enjoying the beautiful day.

Ben requested that he cook dinner for us (yes, it's definitely true that I can't cook while pregnant) and made a repeat of our Valentine's Day meal. It was, of course, delicious. The cherry on top of the cake, was that we got to eat our meal in a quiet house. The kids were busy playing outside with the neighbor kids (who are just old enough to enjoy playing with them and mature enough to watch them) and we could watch them right outside our open window. I'm looking forward to many more "home dates" this summer.

No comments: